Senior Exploration Geologist- (ASX listed company)
|Location:||Perth, WA, Australia|
|Call:||(02) 8001 6478|
Our client is a prestigious ASX listed company based in WA. The company is undertaking several projects and given the magnitude of these scheduled projects, the company is on the hunt for an experienced Senior Exploration Geologist to join their team and deliver project-based exploration activities in a contract role with the potential to go permanent.
This role reports directly to the head of Exploration and the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing planning and performance of exploration program.
- Ideally you must be based in Perth or can easily relocate there
- A holder of a current manual Australian driver’s license
- Tertiary degree in Geology or related discipline
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience in mentoring junior professionals
- 10+ years’ experience including time as a Resource Geologist in the gold mining and exploration industry
- Previous experience working with the Department of Mines and Industry Relations and knowledge of the Department of Environment’s reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of image preparation for ASX announcements, cross-sections, geochemical data sets, geological maps and ability to think in 3D
- Previous experience in planning exploration programs and an understanding of staged exploration approach methods
- Experience in utilizing geological ranking systems and target databases
- Demonstrated skills in geological interpretation and an understanding of resource estimation techniques
- Good understanding of tenement management requirements
- A competent user of Microsoft Office, 3D
modeling software and GIS Packages
What you’ll do:
- Undertaking planning, management and implementation of drilling programs on time and within budget
- Generating , ranking and testing new and existing targets
- Contributing to statutory and company reports
- utilizing geophysical ,geochemical and geological data to interpret projects and perform geological modeling
- Management of consultants, staff and drilling contractors
- Developing regional geologic maps and resource models for exploration projects
If this sounds like a perfect role for you and you meet the above criteria, don't delay,APPLY NOW!
Our agency guarantees that all applications made to our advertised positions are 100% confidential. Applicant resumes will not be passed onto a 3rd party without your prior consent.
This advert was posted by CRIS. http://cris.cloud