Senior Software Engineer
|Location:||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
|Call:||(02) 8001 6478|
Senior Software Engineer (Full Time)
About the business
My client is a close-knit, family-owned textiles company who specializes in supplying high-quality fabrics for curtains in the Asian-Pacific region. The business is in the process of redeveloping their computing infrastructure and are seeking for a full-time developer with a broad range of skills and the ability to learn new technologies on the job to help them accomplish this task.
About the role
This is a senior role which requires many years of graduate experience. However, developers of all experience levels are encouraged to apply as my client is open to accepting an exceptional engineer with less experience as long as they meet or exceed expectations.
- Maintain and upkeep the current system to help business operate as per usual
- Contribute ideas to the development of the new system and maintain once it is installed.
- Driving continuous process improvement and suggesting technology change where appropriate
- Support and resolve any general IT issues in the workplace
What’s in it for you:
- Only a short 10-minute stroll from Mascot Station and popular The Grounds of Alexandria venue.
- Many surrounding coffee shops including one directly across the street.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- On-site parking avaliable
Highly desirable :
- Full-stack website development (i.e. front-end, back-end, databases)
- Ops/DevOps (i.e. AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker, CI/CD, ELK/Splunk, etc)
- Legacy code maintenance (i.e. has spent time working with very old codebases)
- General IT maintenance (i.e. OS/software troubleshooting, basic PC upgrading/fixing skills, basic networking knowledge)
You will be questioned and assessed on all the above skills through one or more interview stages.
· Ops/DevOps: At least 2 years
· Fullstack Website Development: At least 2-3 years
· General IT: At least 2-3 years
· Legacy Code Maintenance: At least 2-3 years
- Sydney NSW - Alexandria
- The candidate can work permanently with no restriction on hours (Required)
- Prepared to work full-time (8am - 5pm, Mon - Fri) on-site in Alexandria
- Can work in Australia without restriction or have full-time working visa (international applicants)
Our agency guarantees that all applications made to our advertised positions are 100% confidential and all candidates are met with before submitting details to any of our client base. Applicant resumes will not be passed onto a 3rd party without your prior consent.
This advert was posted by CRIS. http://cris.cloud