DevOps/Cloud Engineer (AWS/Azure) | GIS required
|Location:||Brisbane, QLD, Australia|
|Rate/Salary:||100000 - 104999|
|Call:||(02) 8001 6478|
Work for today's industry leader, and become tomorrow's leader.
Our client is the exclusive local distributor of a world-leading platform, and over the past four decades they have built a strong track-record of achievement, earning the trust of the nation’s most progressive government agencies and commercial enterprises.
The purpose of this role is to be the owner of the development lifecycle of the cloud services automation toolsets for our client. This will require the person to perform design, development, testing, and development functions to a higher level of professionalism and to primarily manage and own cloud services automation systems development and management of other infrastructure, including but not limited to work in cloud virtualisation deployment, build/testing platform implementation, and some periodic System Operations task.
To be eligible for this role, we would want to see the following skills and experience!
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life-cycle.
- Scripting experience in PowerShell, Python, & Ruby or other modern programming language experience.
- Proven experience in software engineering best practices using source control and automated testing etc.
- Commercial cloud automation experience in AWS (preferably) or Azure, e.g. AWS SDKs and CloudFormation templates.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A strong understanding of the philosophy of Infrastructure as Code.
- Configuration management experience using Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.
- A deep understanding of modern security concepts in web applications and cloud platforms.
- The ability to define architecture/design where required to communicate complex implementation concepts.
- Experience with Relational Database and NoSQL development.
- Experience with Agile project methodologies such as Scrum.
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems.
- Experience with change management/risk management in relation to releases and versions of software and supporting dependent components.
- Prior knowledge with GIS products is required.
This is an extremely rare position within the GIS industry!! Call us today on 02 8001 6478 for a confidential discussion!
Our agency guarantees that all applications made to our advertised positions are 100% confidential and all candidates are met with before submitting details to any of our client base. Applicant resumes will not be passed onto a 3rd party without your prior consent.
This advert was posted by CRIS. http://cris.cloud