Spatial GIS System Developer
|Location:||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
|Rate/Salary:||80000 - 94999|
|Call:||(02) 8001 6478|
We are looking for a reliable Spatial GIS System Developer who is eager to work with a global leading telecommunication infrastructure company ASAP. You will take charge of a small team and become one of the important members who provide exceptional service to customers 24/7 based in North Sydney. You will be responsible for the development of the client’s Spatial GIS system whilst providing technical leadership and support to a small team of Spatial GIS team of developers, technicians, administrators and officers.
- Administering and maintaining the Spatial GIS system 24 hours / 7 days
- Provide ongoing development of the GIS system to support the business and the changes that evolve
- Mentor and coach team members to increase productivity and team outcomes
- Prioritize assigned Tasks in order to deliver projects to meet specified dates in a cost effective and quality focused manner.
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders and internal customers throughout development projects and system processes
- Provide various reports and other duties as requested by management
- Provide support to new Technology introductions.
- Managing the development and implementation of bespoke GIS solutions including databases, REST APIs, and desktop and web applications
- Technical supervisor to performing code review and sprint planning
- Administration of Linux and Windows server environments
- Expert Python knowledge, experience developing GUIs using TkInter, PyQT or similar is a requirement
- Experience with at least one statically type programming language such as C++, Go, C# or Java
- Solid RDBMS experience with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle DB or PostgreSQL is required, extensive PostgreSQL experience is preferred. Experience with spatial databases is required, preferably PostGIS or Oracle Spatial. Strong Knowledge of SQL including PL/pgSQL, PL/SQL, or T-SQL
- Extensive knowledge of GeoServer or ArcGIS for server
- Experience administering Linux and windows server environments
- Advanced knowledge of desktop GIS applications: QGIS, ArcMAP, or MapInfo
- Experience leading a team, particularly in an Agile or DevOps environment
- Knowledge of Git, a public Github/bitbucket account or equivalent showcasing private project and interests will be looked upon favorably as would Stack a Overflow or GIS Stack Exchange profile
There is also a higher chance for you to land this role if you have the following experience!
- Front end web development such as Ember, Angular, React, or Vue
- Experience with NoSQL database, particularly MongoDB
- Experience developing mobile GIS applications
- Experience developing QGIS plugins, ideally experience hosting a private plugin repository and plugins hosted in the official QGIS plugin repository
We also look into your personal attributes such as communications, leadership, project management, organisational skills! Don't worry and let us do the thinking, apply now to unlock your potential with this exciting opportunity! Call us on 02 8001 6478 for a confidential discussion.
Our agency guarantees that all applications made to our advertised positions are 100% confidential and all candidates are met with before submitting details to any of our client base. Applicant resumes will not be passed onto a 3rd party without your prior consent.
This advert was posted by CRIS. http://cris.cloud