|Location:||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
|Rate/Salary:||60 - 65|
|Call:||(02) 8001 6478|
Our client is a specialist in vegetation management, providing tree trimming services to the new power utilities that are emerging. The client is still family owned and controlled and now employs over 26 000 staff in operations throughout USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. They have the vision to provide cost effective, quality services that are sustainable and add value to our partner’s operations while benefiting the wider community.
The client is currently seeking for a dedicated GIS professional to join a positive team environment within the Information Technology team in their Western Sydney HQ. The team is responsible for the development and maintenance of critical business solutions and it is expected that the successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise in the delivery of GIS and IT based projects as required. The role will be critical in providing support to the GIS Manager in the development of the their own Vegetation Asset Management system. Note that this role is a 6-month contract with possibility of extension.
What you will do in this role!
- Diploma in Spatial Science (at a minimum), Degree qualified in Geography, Environmental Science or GIS or relevant comparable experience.
- Extensive experience developing web mapping applications and web services using multiple GIS technologies; GeoServer, ESRI & ArcGIS including mobile toolset (Collector, Survey123 etc)
- Strong back-end .NET and/or Java development skills
- Demonstrated Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server Spatial database experience
- Demonstrated Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure experience
- Demonstrated capability in the Interpretation and editing of geospatial vector data
- Demonstrated capability in the Interpretation and manipulation of geospatial imagery data i.e. raster in all formats
- Demonstrated capability in the processing and Interpretation of LiDAR data
- Understanding of geodetic datum's and map projections
- Demonstrated experience in working with the business to identify and capture operational requirements for integration to developed systems
What you will need for this role!
You will need to be agile and have the capability to perform with minimal supervision in a high paced environment. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a “Can Do” attitude and be committed to achieving operational excellence through the utilisation of technology. The candidate will be passionate about GIS technologies and will be willing to deliver solutions in a niche business market. Excellent verbal and written communication skills is mandatory.
If you are thinking to influence the world with your programming talent, apply now! Alternatively, call 02 8001 6478 for a confidential discussion, we look forward to hear from you!
Our agency guarantees that all applications made to our advertised positions are 100% confidential and all candidates are met with before submitting details to any of our client base. Applicant resumes will not be passed onto a 3rd party without your prior consent.
This advert was posted by CRIS. http://cris.cloud