2 x 3 month contracts for outstanding GIS Officers to provide specialist expertise, advice and services to ensure that relevant spatial data are
sourced, appropriately managed, accessible by planners and manipulated to provide supporting analytical
reports and mapping outputs.
• Provide specialist expertise for integration and high-end manipulation and analysis of spatial data using
• Build and maintain relationships with representatives of key agencies, including local government,
community groups and other stakeholders to enhance knowledge of externally sourced data holdings
and collection programs and, information product developments and to facilitate the collection of data.
• Assist in the development and implementation of data collection and management programs to ensure
the ready availability of quality data to the planning teams.
Role Description GIS Officer 2
• Implement corporate data policies, standards and data management procedures to ensure that best
practice is used, including maintaining spatial database/s and GIS software and hardware to ensure
their efficient and effective operation.
• Produce high quality maps and reports in accordance with corporate standards.
• Identify opportunities for technological development in the Department’s GIS and web mapping
environments, and mentor Department staff in the use of GIS software.
• Complete other duties as directed.
Apply now for a quick start date next week