| Job Description || |
We are looking for Talented Superstars! If you are an A Player, then hit APPLY Now!
Our client is seeking a MS SQL Database Administrator to start ASAP!
Demonstrated experience designing and maintaining SQL Always On Availability Groups (AAG) is essential, as are Data Warehousing and replication topologies. While the project will have a significant build component with around twenty nodes across five environments, the majority of effort will be in the documentation requirement, so a willingness to develop written detailed designs and standard operating procedures is also essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage SQL Server Always on Availability Clusters on mission-critical production systems. Ensure maximum database availability, performance and security by utilizing best industry practices.
- Create queries, stored procedures, functions and other database objects.
- Document detailed designs and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Exposure to GIS systems would be helpful but is not essential.
- Ability to refresh environments from production data and to develop robust promotion methodologies.
- Data Warehouse modelling and replication for transaction and historic analysis.
- Responsibility for the interpretation of all system database logs as required by application owners.
- Participation in Major Incident Management during the warranty period.
- Act as the sole custodian during the developments
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or similar
- Industry certification.
- 10+ years designing and building SQL clustered solutions;
- 10+ years’ commercial experience as SQL Server Database Administrator;
- Advanced authoring of Stored Procedures and Powershell;
- Experience in query optimization and database performance tuning;
- Exposure to and understanding of application logic; and
- Experience documenting standard operating procedures and detailed designs;
- Experience in GIS data would be highly regarded; and
- Experience with virtual restore presentation technologies (Actifio / Zertoo)
- Organized – Able to keep track of an environment with many different workflows across heterogeneous systems;
- Detail Oriented – Able to identify relevant information out of a broad expanse of available documentation and logging;
- Good commercial aptitude and keen interest in understanding business process flows;
- Ability to work independently maintaining high standards to agreed deadlines;
- Strong, analytical and logical problem solving skills; and
- A person who thrives in their role and loves what they do.
This position will be filled quickly, so do not miss out on this great opportunity. Apply Now!
Our agency guarantees that all applications made to our advertised positions are 100% confidential and all candidates are met with before submitting details to any of our client base. Applicant resumes will not be passed onto a 3rd party without your prior consent.
This advert was posted by CRIS. http://cris.cloud